The Delta Mobrey MSM400 system continuously measures the suspended solids within sludges or slurries. Many years of practical experience have shown that measurement of ultrasonic attenuation in a slurry is directly proportional to the percentage of suspended solids. The MSM400 system uses this principle to give a digital display and continuous output of the suspended solids measurement.
Commonly used in waste water treatment, industrial and mining plants and suitable for a wide range of fluids. Applications include sludge blanket measurement and detection, and slurry density control. The MSM400 controller is used with ultrasonic gap sensors available for either tank or pipe installation.
Features & Benefits
- Sludge and slurry undissolved solids measurement, for up to 50% suspended solids
- LCD display of process values, menu for simple configuration and diagnostics
- 4–20 mA / HART output signal of measured value, two SPDT relays for control and alarm
- A range of rugged 316 stainless steel ultrasonic gap sensors
- Tank mount sensors with varying gap widths to suit process conditions
- Flanged pipe sections, or pipe mount kits, for in-line density measurement
- May be used for sludge blanket level detection for primary and secondary sludge and industrial slurries
- Can provide an automatic control sequence to start a pump or control a valve for sludge or settled product removal
- Gives a bright and clear indication of the measured value in poor light conditions
Technical datasheet and Bulletin
Certificates and Approvals
- Technical advice
- Installation support
- Local support
- Instrumentation repairs
- Spare parts
ABS enclosure with clear polycarbonate lid.
Up to 1523 psi (105 bar)
AC mains and DC terminal connections on control unit for external supply.Auto-selection of AC or DC supply,allowing back-up if one power supply fails.
AC supply: 115 or 230 Vac ±15% (switch selectable)
DC supply: 15 to 30 Vdc, 24 Vdc nominal
4-20 mA (default) or 0-20 mA, software selectable.
Two off SPDT (single-pole-double-throw) relays.
Integral 32 x 122 pixels LCD with backlight, providing up to four lines of characters on control unit.
-22 to 131 °F (-30 to 55 °C) for control unit.
See Product Data Sheet for all sensor operating temperature ranges.