The MCU controller and gap sensor when used together provide an ultrasonic point level liquid switch. Typical applications include sludge blanket level detection in settlement tanks, interface detection for immiscible liquids and contamination detection, such as oil in water or water in oil. The MCU201 and MCU203 control units provide simple and economical control electronics for wall-mounting near a tank or pipeline containing a single ultrasonic gap sensor. The sensors operate on the attenuation of an ultrasonic signal through the fluid.
Features & Benefits
- Wall-mounting IP65 polycarbonate enclosure
- DPDT relay output for wet-to-dry or dry-to-wet changeover indication, external control, or alarm condition indication.
- Accepts a voltage-free contact input e.g. to actuate a pump control function via the output DPDT relay
- Three LED indicators – Normal, Alarm, and Fault
- Selectable time delay (0.5, 2, 8 or 30 seconds) for wet-to-dry or dry-to-wet changeover
- Continuous cable check between controller and Mobrey 400SD Point Level Detector
Technical datasheet and Bulletin
Certificates and Approvals
- Technical advice
- Installation support
- Local support
- Instrumentation repairs
- Spare parts
110/120 Vac or 220/240 Vac, selectable for MCU201.
24 Vdc for MCU203.
4-20 mA and five Single-Pole-Double-Throw (SPDT) Relays.
Double-Pole Changeover (DPCO) Relay.
7.9 x 4.7 x 3 in. (200 x 120 x 75 mm)
3 (Green LED for normal state (wet/dry), red LED for alarm, and amber LED for fault)