Features & Benefits
Failure to detect low water levels in steam raising plant can have costly and potentially disastrous consequences. Fail-safe water level detection is vital to prevent damage to plant and personnel.
Trusted globally for 50 years, the Hydrastep electronic gauging system is the ideal ‘fit and forget’ solution to overcome the problems associated with unreliable and maintenance-intensive gauge glasses.
An independent report by Factory Mutual Research concluded that the statistical probability of Hydrastep missing a trip condition is less than 1 in 300 million and that nuisance trips will be less than 1 in 10 million.
Fault Tolerant & Fail-Safe Design
- Electronic gauging system for steam drum water level measurement.
- Fault tolerant and fail safe – Alarms for low/high water conditions will not trip the boiler on a false alarm.
- 4-20 mA output proportional to water/steam interface level.
- High clarity local and remote displays for control room.
- Electrodes available for up to 560°C (1,040°F) and 300 bar (4,350 PSI).
- Can be used as part of an ASME compliant system.
- Zone 2 hazardous area approval, IP65 enclosure.
- Upgrade path available for Hydrastep 2457 and 2467 systems.
- Hydrastep start-up, commissioning and maintenance services available.